- n the condition of being unable or unwilling to speak
- She has a condition called selective mutism that is neither as rare nor as hopeless as experts believed.
- Cho had been diagnosed with severe depression and selective mutism, a social anxiety disorder that inhibited him from speaking.
- But so-called congenital deaf-mutism is actually a misnomer because inborn defects of the vocal cords that make speech impossible are almost unknown.
News & Articles
- Is It Selective Mutism or Is My Child Just Shy?
Dr. Carly Orenstein with Morris Psychological Group explains selective mutism, a little-known disorder and provides tips for parents. (PRWeb August 28, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/morrispsych/selectivemutism/prweb11056533.htm
Aug. 28, 2013 - PRWeb