mussel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n black marine bivalves usually steamed in wine
- n marine or freshwater bivalve mollusk that lives attached to rocks etc.
- The zebra mussel can strip water of algae and other microscopic plants and thus endanger animal life.
- In fact, some evidence suggests that the mussel population in Lake Erie may have peaked.
- Sticking To It: Dutch researchers are using the common mussel to develop a new medical adhesive No More Cavities: Ozone treatments may dispense with the need for the dentist's drill.
News & Articles
- Zebra mussel larvae found in Lake Bridgeport
The invasive mussels are known to clog public-intake pipes, harm boats and motors and deprive fish of their food.
June 27, 2013 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Zebra mussels confirmed in Lake Bridgeport
AUSTIN – Zebra mussel larvae, known as veligers, have been confirmed in Lake Bridgeport. The news comes days after the discovery of the invasive exotic in Lewisville Lake.
June 27, 2013 - The Pasadena Citizen
- Zebra Mussels Larvae Confirmed In Lake Bridgeport
It’s been exactly one week since the United States Geological Survey (USGS) confirmed that zebra mussels had invaded Lake Lewisville. Today mussel larvae were confirmed in Lake Bridgeport.
June 27, 2013 - CBS Dallas - Fort Worth
- Michael Jackson in Hollister Free Lance
It will be lowered, and that will mean less water - not lowering the reservoir would create additional challenges in terms of treatment and viability of success in the abatement of the zebra mussel,Jackson said.
- James Tupper in Prince George Citizen
He went backwards into the fire so my uncle grabbed a pail of mussels, a pail of mussel water and he put him out with it,said Tupper. "He was fine. That moment made me really miss being back home."
- Jennifer Hudson in /FILM (blog)
I'd love to do that,said Hudson. "I would just like to exercise that acting mussel and just try different things, because I like to accept a challenge. You know, see what's out there. But I want to make the right decision on what to do...