musicology : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the scholarly and scientific study of music
- This fall, when the university's administrators tried to introduce a program in musicology and performing arts, the campus erupted in protest.
- In 33 Variations, Jane Fonda (making her first appearance on Broadway in 46 years) plays a musicology professor suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease who tries to solve a musical .
- Nonetheless, he kept up his music, earning a master's degree in piano at New York City's Juilliard School and doing doctoral-level work in musicology at Columbia University.
News & Articles
- Mixtape: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Mick Boogie 'Summertime Vol. 4'
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie drop their annual summertime mixtape, Summertime Vol. 4 . The project, now in its fourth installment, is a cool 44 tracks and features an intro from Talib Kweli. Remixes of Eykah Badu's "On & On," Sade's "Cherish the Day", Jill Scott's "A Long Walk," Prince's "Musicology," Ma$e's "Tell Me" and more provide for some smooth summer listening on the ears. “Jeff created ...
July 7, 2013 - Vibe Magazine