musical chairs :
- n a child's game in which players march to music around a group of chairs that contains one chair less than the number of players; when the music abruptly stops the players scramble to sit and the player who does not find a chair is eliminated; then a chair is removed and the march resumes until only the winner is seated
- n a rearrangement that has no practical effect or significance
News & Articles
- Mary Dawson: Put pressure on officials to save St. Lucie, Indian rivers, even if it means writing a book
The Corps still flushes sewage from Orlando into our river, while the Water Management District plays musical chairs, and elected officials sleep soundly at night in the arms of Big Sugar.
June 15, 2013 - Indian River Press Journal
- Double K moving to Mapleview; Jimmy John’s, Sassy Strawberry still coming to 18th Avenue
Midnight Sun Spas closing, but barbershop will stay Several businesses in Austin and Mapleview will soon be playing musical chairs. Double K Specialty Inc. owner Kyle Klaehn told the Herald Thursday he bought and is moving next month to the former home of Midnight Sun Spa in Mapleview, which will close. Owner Dan Schreiber said [...]
June 14, 2013 - Austin Daily Herald
- Tehama County Ag building moves ahead
The Board of Supervisors has taken another step in the game of musical chairs being played with government-owned facilities in Tehama County.
June 14, 2013 - Red Bluff Daily News