mummify : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v preserve while making lifeless
- v remove the organs and dry out (a dead body) in order to preserve it
- v dry up and shrivel due to complete loss of moisture
- It was such a vision of immortality that led the Egyptians to mummify bodies and stock tombs with worldly belongings.
- Not all young British artists mummify sharks, put their unmade beds on display or trot round the celebrity circuit.
- They steal your bread, feed you soup, mummify you in packing tape, give you a quick shampoo.