mugger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a robber who takes property by threatening or performing violence on the person who is robbed (usually on the street)
- For much the same reason, do not attempt to use karate or judo against the mugger.
- JONES: PORTRAIT OF A MUGGER by JAMES WILLWERTH 251 pages.
- The mugger came from a broken home and was trying to lift himself out of poverty.
News & Articles
- NYC Mugger Robs 92-Year-Old of Prized Bible, Pair of Glasses He Uses to Read It
Police in New York City are now searching for a heartless mugger who assaulted a 92-year-old man and robbed him of his prized Bible and a pair of glasses that helped him read it.
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Post
- NYPD seeks suspect who mugged 92-year-old man
NEW YORK (AP) - The NYPD is searching for a mugger who shoved a 92-year-old Manhattan man to the ground and stole a Bible from him. Police say the victim suffered a hip injury during the Monday night attack in Chelsea.
June 13, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- LATEST NEWS
NEW YORK (AP) — The NYPD is searching for a mugger who shoved a 92-year-old Manhattan man to the ground and stole a Bible from him. Police say the victim suffered a hip injury during the Monday night attack in Chelsea.
June 13, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Ronald Reagan in Telegraph.co.uk
During his presidency, Ronald Reagan said inflation was "as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man."
- Sylvester Stallone in MovieWeb
I think Death Wish, if it were done today, would be volcanic,Stallone said. "The idea of Jeff Goldblum being a mugger who breaks into an apartment is very simplistic. It gives you an idea how bad the elevation of violence has become. I...
- Al Sharpton in USA Today
We have two slicksters up here today,said Sharpton. "One they call a mogul, the other they call a mugger. That's race in America."