- v make into a puddle
- v mix up or confuse
He muddled the issues
- s confused and vague; used especially of thinking
- The Administration's manpower plans were so muddled that no man of draft age could be certain of his status; none could know when or whether he would be working for the Army or .
- To the sad chronicle of muddled administration in the Pentagon were added some shocking new paragraphs last week as the Senate Preparedness Investigating Subcommittee went into .
- Style: Cluttered, jumpy, and often muddled.
News & Articles
- The Martini: This American Cocktail May Have An International Twist
The martini has been called "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet." But is this cocktail perfectly American? Maybe not entirely. In honor of National Martini Day, we decided to dig into the drink's muddled past.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Shadow Dancer takes deep look into the Troubles between Ireland and the U.K.
Historical films can be tricky — too much background and it feels like a history lesson, not enough and the context of the film can be muddled. Shadow Dancer falls somewhere in the middle with an in-depth look at one family’s involvement in the Irish Republican Army. Opening with 12-year old Colette McVeigh (Maria Laird) passing off her father’s request to buy cigarettes to her younger brother ...
June 19, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Exclusive: Watch Joe Manganiello Dish on New 'True Blood' Season and How He Almost Played Superman in 'Man of Steel'
Joe Manganiello went on Dailymotion's always-entertaining series "Profound Minutiae" with Anthony Layser to talk about his role on "True Blood," with a lot of detours along the way. The "actor, wolf person, and pride of Pittsburgh, PA" started off with a tangent on the dynamics of differentiating the werewolf from the vampire after "Twilight" rather indelicately muddled their mythologies. The ...
June 18, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Patrick Leahy in FOXNews
When it comes to the Northern Border, the muddled thinking and poor planning at DHS seems to have no bounds, and the agency that botched Katrina seems to have no shame and no memory to boot,Leahy said.
- Joe Biden in International Herald Tribune
I don't think there's any muddled message here,Biden said. "They'll all get a chance to be voted on, with some discussion."
- Max Mosley in USA Today
I would have resigned, yet still spent the summer carrying out all the day-to-day work with neither the time nor the authority to complete the major outstanding tasks,Mosley wrote. "Better to stop immediately than accept this muddled...