mucosal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to mucous membranes
- When the solution reaches the small intestine, the sugar is moved from the hollow part of the intestine into its mucosal lining through the villi, small fingerlike projections on .
- Last week five University of Maryland researchers reported that they had broken through the mucosal barrier and succeeded in giving colds to a common, cheap and docile laboratory .
- According to Cameron, "The mucosal membrane underneath the foreskin may trap the virus, making it more likely to enter the bloodstream.
News & Articles
- Kala Presents Data Demonstrating Topical Delivery to Posterior Segment of the Eye
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leading developer of innovative products that rapidly and effectively penetrate the mucosal barrier to enable effective local treatment of ocular diseases, announced today the presentation of preclinical data which demonstrated that topical delivery of a small molecule receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor formulated utilizing Kala’s proprietary mucosal-penetrating ...
July 22, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Kala Pharmaceuticals to Present Data at the Controlled Release Society 2013 Annual Meeting
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leading developer of innovative products that rapidly and effectively penetrate the mucosal barrier to treat ocular diseases, announced today that Kala researchers will present preclinical data at the upcoming Controlled Release Society 2013 Annual Meeting taking place July 21-24, 2013, in Honolulu, HI.
July 19, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- James A Baker III in Science Daily (press release)
Therefore, developing mucosal immunity may be very important for protection against HIV,Baker says, adding that previous vaccine approaches have not aimed to do that.
- Ellen Vitetta in Earthtimes.org
It is now clear that RiVax(TM) induces excellent protection against oral and aerosol ricin toxin exposure, and protects mucosal tissue against the direct effects of the toxin,said Ellen Vitetta, PhD, Director of the Cancer Immunobiology...