- n an operating system developed by Bill Gates for personal computers
- We didn't make money on ms-dos in its first release.
- When the company faltered after Micro-soft's ms-dos operating system swept the world, Hauser went on to become vice president of research at Olivetti, establishing a global network .
- A case in point, says Arthur, is ms-dos.
News & Articles
- Six great analog communication tricks
Lately I’ve been feeling ashamed and mortified by my digital incompetence, which I won’t belabor other than to say that I started to run into trouble around the time that MS-DOS came on the market. I’m still trying to memorize my Compuserve email address. I haven’t been fully comfortable with computers since Radio Shack stopped […]
Oct. 15, 2013 - Washington Post
- Paul Maritz in PR Web (press release)
Paul Maritz, former Microsoft group vice president, said, "Mark has been a key developer and architect over the past 20 years on the entire family of Microsoft operating systems from MS-DOS to Windows NT. He has the perspective and experience to be...
- Eugene Kaspersky in CNET News.com
They probably made a mistake--the same mistake they made in 1991,said Kaspersky. "In 1991, they released MS-DOS version 4.0, and it was not so light as version 3.0--it took up more resources, which meant less memory for user apps. (When)...