mps : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow
- n a member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners
- n a military corps that enforces discipline and guards prisoners
News & Articles
- MPs' report criticises Google's tax affairs
By Tom Bergin LONDON (Reuters) - MPs described Google's tax affairs as "contrived" in a report released on Thursday and called on the UK tax authority to vigorously investigate whether the company was acting within the law. The parliamentary investigation was prompted by a Reuters report, which showed the company employed staff in sales roles in London, even though it had told MPs in November ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Lloyds executives face questions on collapse of branch sale
LONDON (Reuters) - Lloyds Banking Group Plc's top executives will appear before MPs next Tuesday to answer questions over the collapse of a planned sale of hundreds of branches to the Co-operative Group ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- MPs to launch inquiry into central bank watchdog's independence
LONDON (Reuters) - British MPs said they would conduct an inquiry into the independence of the Bank of England's new financial risk watchdog, following questions over its relationship with government and its appointment process. Doubts had been raised over the independence of the Financial Policy Committee, set up following the financial crisis in 2011 to pinpoint economic risks, parliament's ...
June 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News