moussaka : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n casserole of eggplant and ground lamb with onion and tomatoes bound with white sauce and beaten eggs
- Occasionally, food and film make a double bill, such as moussaka and Zorba the Greek.
- Never mind the moussaka and the taramasalata.
- Restaurants serve traditional Greek dishes (moussaka, roast lamb in lemon), as well as fine lobster and the celebrated Robola wine ($2 a bottle).
News & Articles
- Greek food with help from the guys
Plaki, baked fish; loukaniko, sausage; souzoukakia, meatballs; pastitsio, a macaroni dish; moussaka, eggplant with a meat filling; spanakopita, spinach pie; or dolmades, stuffed grape leaves.
June 12, 2013 - The Steubenville Herald-Star
- Karolos Papoulias in Sydney Morning Herald
Every now and then I will run into someone who will tell me they recognise me and that they have missed our moussaka,says Mr Papoulias. "This has been my home away from home and I tell people it was like a school for me because it has...
- Stratton Sclavos in San Jose Mercury News
He was the man I looked up to for most of my life,Sclavos says. "He had a great work ethic and he was an old-world cook, preparing dishes like moussaka and lamb chops."