- n colloquial term for a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Blond Igor Gouzenko, who is well off from the profits of writings and movies, still lives in a mountie-guarded hiding place, with his wife Anna and their three children.
News & Articles
- 81st Mangum Mountie Rodeo and Wild West Day this weekend
The 81st Mangum Mountie Rodeo and Wild West Day is being held this Friday and Saturday, June 14 & 15. Nighttime performances will begin with the Junior (kids) events at 7 p.m. on Friday, followed by the main performance at 8 p.m. There will be fun and excitement each night as the cowboys and cowgirls compete in the Open Top 9 Rodeo Championship.
June 13, 2013 - Altus Times
- Mount Greylock baseball one-hit in WMass. title game, loses 2-0 to Greenfield
Monday June 10, 2013 AMHERST -- Sometimes the other guy is just better. The Mount Greylock baseball team ran into that dilemma when it faced Greenfield pitcher Garrett Hudson on Sunday. The Mounties never solved the junior and were one-hit in a 2-0 loss in the Western Massachusetts Division II championship at Earl Lorden Field on the UMass Amherst campus.
June 9, 2013 - North Adams Transcript
- Stephen Harper in Canada's New Government (press release)
Our goal is to make the choice of a career as a Mountie all the more attractive for the legions of smart, fit, dedicated young Canadian men and women who dream of becoming RCMP officers,said Prime Minister Harper, who was joined at the...
- Don Cherry in Jam! Showbiz
No, I wasn't smart enough to be a Mountie,Cherry said. "I don't think the Mounties take guys who only went to Grade 10."
- Dustin Milligan in Canada.com
I play a young, over-achieving tough-guy Mountie with an over-achieving wannabe tough-guy moustache that I grew myself,Milligan says. "And I hope everyone gets to see me eventually on a big screen because it's fluffy and cute. "