moulting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles
- v cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
- In the summer when they are moulting, wild geese cannot fly.
- Intellectual Kipter, a bearded, philosophical, moulting bird, goes to board in a nest of lower-middle-class sparrows: a voluptuous ex-chorus girl and her 17-year-old niece.
- He gazed, heavy-eyed, about his chaotic studio, strewn with pictures as with the feathers of a moulting bird.
News & Articles
- Sightings (June 30, 2013)
The geese are moulting now and will not be able to fly well until mid-July. This was a boon for this tree swallow nesting in Rita Sweenor’s yard, who used the goose’s discarded feathers as building material for her nest.
June 30, 2013 - The Post-Star