- n the iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell
- The walls are covered with teak carved in arabesque patterns and inlaid with mother-of-pearl.
- The iris leaves and stems are gold lacquer, the flowers mother-of-pearl inlay, the bridge columns are rendered in silver while the planks, which run diagonally across the lid .
- He sold out his Tokyo mother-of-pearl business, moved to oyster-packed Ago Bay to experiment.
News & Articles
- Only Watch 2013
Paris becomes Monaco in Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Arpels Une Journée à Monaco: the scene on the rotating turquoise, lapis lazuli and mother-of-pearl dial changes by the hour. Housed in white gold with 105 diamonds (2.75 ct).
Sept. 23, 2013 - Forbes
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Telegraph.co.uk
Mozart wrote: "I really must have a coat like that, as it's worth it just for the buttons that I've been hankering after for some time ...... They're mother-of-pearl with some white stones around the edge and a beautiful yellow stone in the centre."
- Farah Khan in India Target
He's given me a 30 crore gift - my film 'Om Shanti Om' and dates for it. What more can I ask for? Gauri and he gifted me a Tag Heuer mother-of-pearl diamond watch too,said Farah when we got in touch recently.
- Vladimir Nabokov in CNN
Since a subtle interaction exists between sound and shape, I see q as browner than k, while s is not the light blue of c, but a curious mixture of azure and mother-of-pearl,Nabokov wrote in his memoir "Speak, Memory."