- v put up as security or collateral
- s burdened with legal or financial obligations
his house, his business, indeed, his whole life was heavily mortgaged
- What he hasn't sold outright he has mortgaged to the hilt: he borrowed $3 million against his Rockingham home and used a Warhol serigraph of himself as security for a loan he took .
- The fading Qin dynasty could not contain the spiraling social and economic unrest, and had mortgaged China's revenues and many of its natural resources to the apparently insatiable .
- In the next three years (its lending period) it refinanced one-fifth of the nonfarm, owner-occupied, mortgaged homes in the nation.
News & Articles
- Underwater mortgage percentage falls below 20%
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The percentage of all residential mortgages that are in negative equity, or "underwater" or "upside down," at the end of the first quarter fell to 19.8%, or 9.7 million, CoreLogic said Wednesday. That's down from 21.7% at the end of the fourth quarter of 2012 and from over 25% at the end of 2011. Nevada was the state with the highest percentage of mortgaged properties ...
June 12, 2013 - Market Watch
- CoreLogic: Negative Equity Decreases in Q1 2013, 9.7 Million Properties still with Negative Equity
CoreLogic ... today released new analysis showing approximately 850,000 more residential properties returned to a state of positive equity during the first quarter of 2013, and the total number of mortgaged residential properties with equity currently stands at 39 million.
June 12, 2013 - Calculated Risk
- Want to Motivate Sellers? 850,000 Properties Bounce Back to Positive Equity
Residential property analytic provider CoreLogic® recently released new analysis showing the market is making big moves, with 850,000 additional residential properties turning to positive equity during the first quarter of 2013. In addition, the analysis shows good news for mortgages: the total number of mortgaged residential properties standing in negative equity is down by nearly [...]
June 12, 2013 - RISMedia Real Estate News