mortally : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in such a manner that death ensues (also in reference to hatred, jealousy, fear, etc.)
a being of whom the forest Indians are said to be mortally afraid, with a hoof shaped like the heel of a bottle
- Then one of them detonated a bomb hidden in a camera, killing himself and mortally wounding Massoud.
- Lieberman believes (as do Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak) that Iranian acquisition of nuclear bombs will mortally threaten Israel's existence.
- Sheriffs officers, police and ambulance attendants found Sabich lying in the master bathroom, next to a sunken tub, mortally wounded by a single .
News & Articles
- Gun owner charged in boy's death
A Scripps Ranch man whose pistol discharged and mortally wounded a neighbor boy as the fourth-grader played with the weapon two weeks ago was charged Wednesday with involuntary manslaughter and other counts.
June 19, 2013 - KGTV San Diego
- Gun owner arrested in boy's accidental shooting death
SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A Scripps Ranch man whose pistol discharged and mortally wounded a neighbor boy as the fourth-grader played with the weapon two weeks ago has been arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter and other charges, authorities reported Wednesday.
June 19, 2013 - KUSI News San Diego
- Cosmic Pizza owner killed near family
The owner of Cosmic Pizza in Hartwell was mortally wounded Saturday night within earshot of his wife and three young children, neighbors say.
June 16, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in AFP
Gen Musharraf is mortally wounded (following the nation-wide agitation sparked by the suspension of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry). He may struggle for a while, but he will fall. In my opinion Gen Musharraf is not going to last this year... Imran Khan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imran_Khan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPBbF2GRgCdt4pXX7--boNQmpKhg Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200706131021.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEzqBmIHcvzQiZsd7PX5pCQnK_G8g Jun 12, 2007
65342 86684 mortally I am mortally offended by the statement because it betrayed the racial prejudice and denigrates the excellent performance of world-class Filipino doctors in the US," said Senator Miriam Santiago, whose sister is a doctor working in Los Angeles.
- Desmond Tutu in guardian.co.uk
After 30 minutes, 19 civilians were dead or mortally wounded. All but one of the victims were from one single family,Tutu said. "Over 50 others were wounded during the attack."