morse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a telegraph code in which letters and numbers are represented by strings of dots and dashes (short and long signals)
- n United States portrait painter who patented the telegraph and developed the Morse code (1791-1872)
News & Articles
- Mike Morse: (Quadriceps) Hits The DL
Update: Morse landed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday due to a strained right quadriceps.
June 23, 2013 - Rotowire.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Michael Morse injury: Mariners OF placed on DL with strained quad
The Seattle Mariners placed outfielder Michael Morse on the disabled list on Saturday with a strained right quad, the team announced on its Twitter page . Seattle activated Franklin Gutierrez off the 60-day DL in a corresponding move, designating Triple-A outfielder Eric Thames for assignment to clear a 40-man spot for Gutierrez.
June 23, 2013 - Philly.com
- Morse back with Vanderbilt
Jared Morse has returned to the Commodore football squad and is now enrolled in summer classes according to coach James Franklin.
June 20, 2013 - WKRN Nashville
- John Roberts in NPR
Writing for the five member majority, Chief Justice John Roberts said, "Principal Morse thought the banner would be interpreted by those viewing it as promoting illegal drug use, and that interpretation is plainly a reasonable one."
- Max Baucus in Chillicothe Constitution Tribune
We hope to recall the days of Senator Wayne Morse,Mr. Baucus said, referring to the senator from Oregon who in 1953 kept the floor for 22 hours and 26 minutes during his filibuster against Tidelands Oil legislation. "For this filibuster,...
- Bruce Chen in USA Today
Both of them I was behind the count, 1-0 and 3-1. I threw a cutter to Guzman and a fastball to Morse, and they hit it a long ways,Chen said. "But I was trying to throw a strike, keep the ball down."