- n a gloomy ill-tempered feeling
- n a sullen moody resentful disposition
- For parents disturbed by a child's fidgets or moroseness, he is ready with the assurance that the youngster may only be passing through a standard phase of development.
- Given the macro-economic moroseness, what's with the market giggles? "The frequently illogical reaction of markets to daily evolution of the dark economic picture is pretty .
- In a ramshackle native location in South Africa's province of Natal, a twelve-year-old girl lay ill for months subject to fits and spells of moroseness.
News & Articles
- Stromae: Disillusion, With a Dance Beat
The music of Paul Van Haver, known by his stage name Stromae, taps into Europe's moroseness, making it more complex than the dance rhythms might suggest.
Oct. 14, 2013 - New York Times