mormon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the ancient prophet whose writings were revealed to Joseph Smith who founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- n a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- a of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Mormon Church
News & Articles
- Was prof fired for protesting naming center for Mormon apostle Packer?
A Weber State University assistant professor says it appears he lost his job because he disagreed with the school’s decision to name a new family center after senior Mormon apostle Boyd K. Packer, who has stirred controversy with comments critical of feminists, intellectuals and gay people. Jared Lisonbee, an assistant professor of child and family studies, said he got a letter “out of the blue ...
July 4, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Pew dispute leads to words, blows at Utah Mormon chapel
A dispute over saved pews at a Mormon baby blessing and missionary “farewell” service ended with one churchgoer offering the right, and perhaps the left fist of fellowship to another. Weber County sheriff’s Lt. Mark Lowther said deputies were called to the Meadows Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Plain City about 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning. They found one man with a ...
July 2, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Elder Holland takes the mound for Mormon Night at Dodger Stadium
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland threw the first pitch during Mormon Night at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.
July 2, 2013 - Deseret News
- Mitt Romney in International Herald Tribune
I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it,Romney said at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station, Texas.
- Al Sharpton in WISC
During Monday's debate in New York, Sharpton said, "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that."
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
I do not believe that the fact that Governor Romney is a Mormon will have the slightest impact - nor should it have any impact - on the judgment of the American people as to who their president should be,said McCain, an Episcopalian. "I...