morbidly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a morbid manner or to a morbid degree
he was morbidly fascinated by dead bodies
- The morbidly obese will probably never get the kind of attention that is lavished on the slightly overweight.
- Those who are morbidly obese, it seems, tend to nurture bugs that promote the fat-storage process, which might be a factor in their excessive weight gain.
- Governments are not in the habit of going out of their way to satisfy the voyeuristic impulses of a morbidly curious public.
News & Articles
- Increasing obesity requires new ambulance equipment
Major back strains and blown out knees are just two examples of injuries that firefighters and paramedics suffer while trying to lift morbidly obese patients onto a cot and then into an ambulance.
June 19, 2013 - Dayton Daily News
- American Medical Association: Obesity a disease
Obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, experts say. Now, the American Medical Association has officially labeled it a disease. For 97 million Americans like Mary Ann Byatt, of Center Valley, losing weight was a losing battle. "I had been overweight my entire life since I was a little kid," said Byatt, who was morbidly obese. Byatt turned to St. Luke's ...
June 19, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Super-Size Model Poses for Cash for Weight-Loss Surgery
The new movie "All of Me" follows three morbidly obese women who had tried every diet and pill available. Finding that nothing worked, they resorted to bariatric surgery to lose weight and, as they said, find dignity.
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Michael Laws in New Zealand Herald
Mr Laws described the royal family as "appalling, morbidly obese parasites" who were as uninterested in their own people as they were in bringing democracy to the island nation. "If the previous King of Tonga was a bloated, brown slug, this...
- Steve Georganas in ABC Online
It's hard to access and we know that there is immediate improvement in obesity when surgery is performed,committee chair Labor MP Steve Georganas said. "We're not saying that this is for everyone - this is only for people who are morbidly...
- Star Jones in Reuters India
I pretended not to see how big I was getting - but not only did I see it, I was disgusted by it,wrote Reynolds. "I'd gradually gone from full-figured to morbidly obese."