morals : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n motivation based on ideas of right and wrong
- n the significance of a story or event
- In the present state of permissive morals and confused manners, what outrages "public decency"? Not, apparently a bare-breasted girl.
- The Christian churches, divided on many a point of doctrine, are united on many a point of morals: one of them is the evils of divorce.
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Bloomberg
The people of France have chosen change,Sarkozy said tonight in a nine-minute address at party headquarters in Paris. "I will restore the value of work, authority, morals, respect, and merit. I'll restore national pride and national...
- Wen Jiabao in FOXNews
What we are trying to do is to ensure no such event happens in future, by punishing those responsible leaders as well as enterprises. None of those companies lacking professional ethics or social morals will be let off,Wen said, according to...
- Patrick Fitzgerald in Houston Chronicle
If morals don't get to them, I hope the fear of going to jail does,Fitzgerald told reporters.