- n a philosopher who specializes in morals and moral problems
- n someone who demands exact conformity to rules and forms
- The Khmer Rouge, whom the arch-moralist Jimmy Carter called "the worst % violators of human rights in the world," became an instrument to drive the Vietnamese out of Kampuchea.
- Thus Nehru the moralist, to whose terrible truisms the only answer is a shamefaced nod.
- "He's a bit of a moralist, an up-by-his-bootstraps Catholic boy with a strong sense of right and wrong.
News & Articles
Grossmont College alum, essayist, moralist, boozer, music lover, self-described “drug punk,” and legend — Lester Bangs (1948–1982), who grew up in El Cajon, is finally getting the documentary he deserves.
July 24, 2013 - San Diego Reader
- Stephen Breyer in Stockton Record
Justice Stephen Breyer said: "I'm not a moralist. I'm a judge. As a judge, I look at the law."
- Angry Anderson in The Australian
I am not a moralist. I learned along time ago that it is folly to moralise,Anderson told a Sydney radio station. "I doubt very, very, very much - I have only seen all the girls conduct themselves in a very, very professional manner and...
- Bertrand Russell in Toronto Star
Wars, pogroms and persecution have all been part of the flight from boredom,said Bertrand Russell. "Boredom is therefore a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it."