morale : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of individual psychological well-being based upon a sense of confidence and usefulness and purpose
- n the spirit of a group that makes the members want the group to succeed
- Hypnosis, yoga, cell implants and love affairs helped her morale, but by the end of one liaison Luciana realized, "I had really become very plain lookingalmost nothing on my .
- I'll tell you what morale is.
- South Korea's navy had 7,500 men, lots of morale, but no fighting ships.
News & Articles
- Morale in Sheriff’s Office Low, Some Deputies Leaving Over Pay
With no pay raises in the last five years, and short-term prospects dim, morale among Franklin County deputies is at a low point and some are looking for better paying jobs elsewhere.
June 13, 2013 - The Missourian
- Hot Diggity Dog
When Alice Wilhoit wanted to improve office morale with little raffles for her co-workers, she had to get permission. “Had to sort of—not really beg—but I was sort of like, ‘pleeease,’” the Department of Public Works employee of the year says in a lilting soprano. Wilhoit, who does payroll and other clerical work at the Montebello Filtration Plant off Hillen Road, has always played by the rules ...
June 11, 2013 - Baltimore City Paper
- Letta hopes for morale lift from weary Italian voters
By Catherine Hornby ROME (Reuters) - Italian local elections that end on Monday could give a morale boost to Prime Minister Enrico Letta and confirm that support for the populist 5-Star Movement is waning. Despite a slump in turnout as Italians lose faith in their politicians, Letta hopes for a positive result for his center-left Democratic Party (PD), which nearly imploded after throwing away a ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- John McCain in my.hsj.org
I think it's really going to be very harmful to the morale and effectiveness of our military,said McCain.
- Gordon Brown in Times Online
Writing to the Commons Liaison Committee Brown said: "Despite the tragic losses, morale remains high - and I can report the assessment of commanders on the ground: that the current operations are succeeding in their objectives." "They are...
- Denny Hamlin in SB Nation (blog)
I understand how important it is for team morale,Hamlin said. "When two teams skirmish with each other or the two drivers don't like talking to each other, all you do is go backward. There's no doubt about it. Right now, I feel like he has...