- n an oxide containing just one atom of oxygen in the molecule
- The latest mine disasters have focused attention once again on the perils of coal mining--especially the risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Two months after receiving his Pulitzer, Carter would be dead of carbon-monoxide poisoning in Johannesburg, a suicide at 33.
- A few months later Coddington, who lived with his family in an apartment above the station, was overcome by carbon monoxide and rushed to a nearby hospital.
News & Articles
- Police probing Pa. woman's carbon monoxide death
Police say a western Pennsylvania woman died of carbon monoxide, apparently after a car was accidentally left running in the garage attached to the home she shared with her husband.
June 21, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- Plum woman dies, husband hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide
A woman died and a man was rushed to the hospital after they were overcome by carbon monoxide Wednesday in Plum. Police said 66-year-old Mary Harris died and her husband, 67-year-old Gary Harris, was rushed to an area hospital after a car was accidentally left running in the garage of their New Texas Road home. Investigators said the couple’s daughter went to check on her parents and found them ...
June 21, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Plum police investigating carbon monoxide poisoning death
By Tribune-Review Plum police are investigating a carbon monoxide poisoning that left a woman dead and her husband hospitalized Wednesday afternoon. Chief Frank Monaco said Mary Harris, ...
June 20, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Bart Stupak in FOXNews
Carbon monoxide does nothing to prolong food shelf life and carbon monoxide does not make food safer,said Stupak, pointing to internal Hormel e-mail that he said showed the technique was not safe.
- Nancy Nord in nwitimes.com
In announcing its action, acting CPSC Chairman Nancy Nord said, "These deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning are preventable."
- Gabor Somorjai in Azom.com
We've discovered that the presence of carbon monoxide molecules can reversibly alter the catalytic surfaces of platinum single crystals, supposedly the most thermodynamically stable configuration for a platinum catalyst,said Somorjai, one of...