monochrome : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n painting done in a range of tones of a single color
- n a black-and-white photograph or slide
- s having or appearing to have only one color
- The trial monochrome version of the film will go into production at the end of October and, if all goes according to plan, should be available to the masses in time for Christmas .
- That monochrome interface! That clunky touchwheel! It looks like something a caveman whittled from a piece of flint using another piece of flint.
- Black-and-white or monochrome pictures illustrate nearly every story; some items run at around 60 words, and the upper limit for most stories (except biographical pieces) will .
- Sir Ian Blair in Telegraph.co.uk
However Sir Ian, giving evidence yesterday to the Metropolitan police authority's race and faith inquiry, said: "Anybody who has read the Macpherson report would recognise an institution that was treating people in a very monochrome way. I do not...
- Hugh Laddie in Bloomberg
It was absurd to be dressed up like actors in a monochrome restoration comedy when dealing with cutting-edge science,said Hugh Laddie, a former patent judge who quit the bench three years ago to return to private practice, in an interview.
- Martin Amis in Financial Post
Every handset maker has realised that a built-in flashlight and FM radio are a big hit in the rural handset market. You would think that a monochrome display would satisfy an illiterate villager. But it is not so. We have studied the market and... Kishore Kumar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishore_Kumar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHzQCpmZ5AAbLaRpU1BDtOizPGkZQ EE Times India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.eetindia.co.in/ART_8800546348_1800005_NT_dcdce967.HTM&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEKvfXR_KxQU8XncqrSBywpbO0MCg Sep 30, 2008
64911 86216 monocle The money was running out," writes Amis. "The money was always running out. Its identity - the only thing it had plenty of - was patrician; its owner and editor, despite the desperate squalor of his surroundings, always wore a monocle and...