- n a tyrannical power to be propitiated by human subservience or sacrifice
- n god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians to whom parents sacrificed their children
- n any lizard of the genus Moloch
News & Articles
- Greedy 'Moloch' Ogre Depicts Israel in German Cartoon
A cartoon purportedly showing Israel as a greedy “Moloch,” published in a major German daily, has set off a firestorm of protest, despite an apology by the newspaper. Click here for the rest of the article...
July 4, 2013 - The Forward
- Best Sellers
Hardcover fiction Inferno, by Dan Brown (Doubleday, $29.95) The Eye of Moloch, by Glenn Beck with Jack Henderson (Threshold Editions/Mercury Radio Arts, $26) Revenge Wears Prada, by Lauren Weisberger (Simon & Schuster, $25.99) The Hit, by David Baldacci (Grand Central, $27.99) Dad Is Fat, by Jim Gaffigan (Crown Archetype, $25) Keep It Pithy, by Bill O'Reilly (Crown Archetype, $21.99) Eleven ...
June 30, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Tom Wolfe in International Herald Tribune
Avant-garde art, more than any other, takes the Mammon and the Moloch out of money, puts Levi's turtlenecks, mutton chops, and other mantles and laurels of Bohemian grace upon it,Wolfe wrote.