mollusc : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n invertebrate having a soft unsegmented body usually enclosed in a shell
- Conklin is primarily an embryologist, whose chief scientific work was done with such material as the eggs of the sea squirt and of a little mollusc named Crepidula.
- This mollusc uses a glue that's not only strong and efficient, but works in sea water, a churning, wet and saline environment.
News & Articles
- Molluscs vs. bacteria: New finding on marine natural products biosynthesis
The gastropod mollusc Scaphander lignarius -- a marine invertebrate found in North Atlantic and Mediterranean water -- is the first organism, besides bacteria, in which the biosynthesis of lignarenones, organic molecules involved in organism's chemical defence, has been identified.
July 25, 2013 - Science Daily
- Goldman Responds To Accusations It Manipulates The Aluminum Market
Think Goldman would take accusations that it is, gasp, manipulating the RMBS , HFT , crude commodities market sitting down? Think again. Like every mollusc in self-preservation mode, here is Goldman's just released ink, pardon, press release saying all accusations about it are nothing but sheer rampant confusion. After all - Goldman simply makes markets. Move along. From Goldman Goldman Sachs ...
July 23, 2013 - Zero Hedge