moated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s protected by a deep wide ditch usually filled with water
- Amid a mix of structures that would include a Roman Coliseum, a medieval, moated castle and several urban streetscapes that range from New York's Lower East Side, to Venice's .
- Tory grandee Douglas Hogg announced today that he will stand down at the next election, after billing the public purse for maintenance of his moated Lincolnshire mansion.
- After a 25-minute horseback ride around his moated ranch outside the capital, Figueiredo held a barbecue at which both the food (beef, veal, sausage and lamb) and recorded .
News & Articles
- For Baltimore zoo and its penguins, a new era is at hand
New $10.4 million exhibit is underway to revive zoo, boost breeding of endangered birds As a blazing sun beat down on the city Tuesday, Rock Island — the moated exhibit at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore where African penguins zip through cool, shallow waters — seemed a good place to be.
July 17, 2013 - Baltimore Sun