mitral : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or located in or near the mitral valve
- a relating to or resembling the miter worn by some clerics
- A mitral-valve problem isn't as common--or as deadly--as your doctor might have told you.
- His main postwar concern has been with heart valves, especially mitral valves that have been damaged by rheumatic fever.
- If a heart patient has a bottleneck in the mitral valve, it can be opened with a tiny knife on the end of the surgeon's finger.