mishegoss : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Yiddish) craziness; senseless behavior or activity
- Says her creator: "Fear of Flying is a litmus test for everybody's mishegoss Yiddish for craziness.
News & Articles
- ObamaCare Staggers Toward the October 1 Finish Line (5)
By Lambert Strether of Corrente . And never mind that the Democratic nomenhackura has redefined October 1 as a "soft launch" ; it's still the first chance people are going to get to see the Exchanges in action, and you never get a second chance to make a first impression. And never mind the whole defund ObamaCare slash government shutdown slash debt ceiling mishegoss and all the yammering and ...
Sept. 26, 2013 - Naked Capitalism
- Michael Bloomberg in USA Today
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg calls the Senate a "train wreck" and the stalemate "craziness and mishegoss" - craziness in Yiddish.
- David Yazbek in Boston Globe (registration)
It's about accepting the whole mishegoss,says Yazbek, the son of a Jewish-Italian mother and Lebanese-Arab father. "I'd say the thread connecting these songs is loss and anger, and almost always the comic side of that."