minuteness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the property of being very small in size
hence the minuteness of detail in the painting
- n great precision; painstaking attention to details
he examined the essay with the greatest minuteness
- The days immediately preceding the war are described with graphic minuteness from the naval angle, as are the opening phases of the world conflict.
- He had a Wellsian feeling for science and material progress, often pondered on the vastness of the material universe, as contrasted with the minuteness of man.
- Looking at his picture of a soda bottle simply perched on the hood of a car, you can't help thinking of what Henry James once wrote about Nathaniel Hawthorne: "The minuteness of .