millpond : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a pond formed by damming a stream to provide a head of water to turn a mill wheel
- That's just a drop in the millpond, however, given that there are perhaps 2.
- The Morrow family has letters indicating that William Garberson, a great-grandfather, captured the geese on a millpond in 1814.
- A good husband, she said, should be "as placid as a millpond in July," with "the ability to produce tranquillity and peace in the home.
- Penny Smith in Daily Mirror
The water was swelling and kept coming in,recalled Penny Smith, Tilly's mother. "There was froth on it like you get on the top of a beer. The sea was like a millpond before [the swelling began]."