milkweed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of numerous plants of the genus Asclepias having milky juice and pods that split open releasing seeds with downy tufts
- n annual Eurasian sow thistle with soft spiny leaves and rayed yellow flower heads
- The pesky milkweed, cursed by farmers, has found a use-as a substitute for kapok.
- Says he: "We asked ourselves, 'What would happen if the milkweed would be dusted with Bt corn pollen?'" His experiments quickly gave an answer: within four days, 44% of monarch .
- How much milkweed is near cornfields as opposed to other areas? And can Bt corn be modified further? Clearly the Cornell study has flashed an amber light, but before it turns to .
News & Articles
- Help monarchs by planting a garden
Have you spotted a monarch butterfly yet this year? Many of us haven’t. While our cold spring played a role, the population in general is under threat. Between shrinking winter habitat in Mexico and the lack of milkweed along their migration routes, monarchs are having a tough time. How can you help? Plant a garden! Monarch butterflies only lay their eggs on milkweed plants. There are several ...
June 27, 2013 - The Beacon News