mideast : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the area around the eastern Mediterranean; from Turkey to northern Africa and eastward to Iran; the site of such ancient civilizations as Phoenicia and Babylon and Egypt and the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity and Islam; had continuous economic and political turmoil in the 20th century
News & Articles
- MFRI second quarter sales up 30 percent
Piping systems manufacturer MFRI Inc.in Niles said projects in the gas and oil industry, as well as in the Mideast, boosted first quarter 2013 sales 30 percent over last year.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Herald
- The Saudi Experience at UCSB
While learning to live like Americans, Ahmad and Maya dispel Mideast myths.
June 11, 2013 - Santa Barbara Independent
- Report: John Kerry Cleared His Schedule to Discuss Arming Syrian Rebels
It looks like the U.S. government will give serious thought this week to arming Syrian rebel groups, days after Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces re-captured the key city of Qusair. Secretary of State John Kerry, according to an AP report, has pushed back his mideast trip this week because the White House is planning to discuss sending weapons to some rebel groups.
June 10, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in Jerusalem Post
Too often in the Mideast, politics has consisted of one leader in power and the opposition in jail,Bush said. "America is deeply concerned about the plight of political prisoners in this region, as well as democratic activists who are...
- William Cohen in Forbes
If you forgo aspirations for nuclear weapons and cut off funding for radical elements and support the Mideast peace process, then yes, you'd be welcomed into the international community. We'd have billions of dollars going into your economy,...
- John Kerry in Washington Post
There is no way that Iran should be getting these sensitive military parts, especially with the situation in the Mideast so turbulent,Kerry said.