- n film on which materials are photographed at greatly reduced size; useful for storage; a magnification system is used to read the material
- v record on microfilm
- In The Fortune Cookie shyster Walter Matthau says that insurance companies have too much money: "They've run out of storage space--they have to microfilm it.
- Learning that ordinary microfilm is unable to distinguish between certain shades of red and other colors, including blue and black ink, Blackley decided to start printing checks .
- He had a life none of us knew about, a life involving invisible ink and microfilm, the tunnels at Cu Chi and mail drops in the Ho Bo woods.
News & Articles
- Flashback Lancaster: For the week of June 10
Excerpts and summaries of local news stories from the pages of the Intelligencer Journal and Lancaster New Era appear here each Monday. They focus on events in the county's past that were noteworthy, newsworthy or just strange. Full versions are available on microfilm at Lancaster Public Library, 12...
June 10, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Mike Ward in Globe and Mail
The critical difference, from a copyright perspective, is that the computer, as opposed to the machines used for viewing microfilm and microfiche, requires the interaction of a computer program in order to accomplish the useful reproduction... Stanley F. Birch, Jr. http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_F._Birch,_Jr.&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6rYwiiOSO_z1OxdFoozkC3N8NLQ Law.com (registration) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp%3Fid%3D1188550951795&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWnnY4mc8BC0wS0Utmh_iatw_XIg Aug 31, 2007
63309 84501 microfilm In the past, family history was for people who liked to go to the library and scan through microfilm," said Mike Ward, a spokesman for Ancestry.ca, the Canadian offshoot of Utah-based Ancestry.com.
- Geoffrey Ward in Editor & Publisher
We chose the town for other reasons-it was the hometown of a famous pilot [Quentin C. Aanenson] who wrote a memoir, then came upon his writing on microfilm,says Geoffrey C. Ward, who wrote the script for this and most of the previous Burns...