metastatic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or affected by metastasis
- Their 21 participants had stage IV metastatic breast cancer, which had continued to progress despite an average of four rounds of standard treatment, including chemo and hormone .
- Many Americans were stunned to hear that the Edwardses will continue their quest for the White House, with Elizabeth campaigning despite metastatic breast cancer.
- It can, however, be combined with other systemic treatments, such as chemotherapy, to treat metastatic disease, and has often been used to treat solid metastatic tumors most .
News & Articles
- Molecular imaging enlists prostate enzyme to detect metastases
( Society of Nuclear Medicine ) No matter where they have hidden, metastatic prostate cancer cells still express some of the same signaling as normal prostate cells; in some cases even more so, as with the PSMA enzyme. Harnessing this enzyme could mean the beginning of a new platform for prostate cancer detection, staging, treatment and post-treatment monitoring, say researchers at the Society ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- ARIAD Announces Initiation of Phase 2 Trial of Ponatinib in Patients with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the initiation of the Phase 2 trial of Iclusig® in adult patients with metastatic and/or unresectable gastrointestinal stromal tumors .
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Replacing some carbs with vegetable fat lowers death rate
SAN FRANCISCO, June 10 (UPI) -- Men with non-metastatic prostate cancer who replaced some carbohydrates and animal fat with vegetable fat had lower risk of dying, U.S. researchers say.
June 10, 2013 - UPI
- Mehmet Toner in Stuff.co.nz
Nine out 10 deaths in cancer are due to the metastatic process because the cancer spreads to other parts of the body,said Toner, whose study appears in the journal Nature. "These are really the cells that end up killing people."
- Eric Jacobson in Genetic Engineering News (press release)
In addition to the very important opportunity for elesclomol in first-line (no prior chemotherapy) metastatic melanoma, we are eager to explore the potential benefit to patients from elesclomol in other high oxidative stress cancers,said Dr....
- Katherine Heigl in Seattle Post Intelligencer
You last saw Izzie flat-lining, so...... I'm either there as a ghost 'on the other side,' or I survived a disease [stage IV metastatic melanoma] no one survives,Heigl said during a Monday visit to Late Show with David Letterman.