- n data about data
a library catalog is metadata because it describes publications
- Since the signal is digital, text and image metadata could also be stored in the broadcast for a more interactive experience not just track information, but local weather .
News & Articles
- What Your Email Metadata Told the NSA About You
President Obama said "nobody is listening to your telephone calls," even though the National Security Agency could actually track you from cellphone metadata. Well, the latest from the Edward Snowden leaks shows that Obama eventually told the NSA to stop collecting your email communications in 2011, apparently because the so-called StellarWind program "was not yielding much value," even when ...
June 27, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- ‘Trillion Pieces Of Metadata’: New Guardian Reports Detail More About NSA E-Mail Surveillance
A new report on NSA surveillance programs from The Guardian detail a ten-year long program codenamed Stellar Wind that collected internet metadata in bulk, meaning that while the program did not collect e-mail content, it did the e-mail addresses of the sender and recipient, as well as IP addresses where e-mails were sent from, thereby effectively tracing the sender's location. This specific ...
June 27, 2013 - Mediaite
- Fuisz Pharma Announces Patent Filing for the Consolidation and Presentation of Metadata From Bodily Fluid Analyzers ...
MIAMI, June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fuisz Pharma LLC today announced the filing of a patent addressing the consolidation of metadata from a bodily fluid analyzer and the presentation of that data to a ...
June 27, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Lennon in CNNMoney.com
The government-industry LITENING team has now demonstrated the longest range secure network transmission of video and associated metadata from a targeting and sensor system,said Mike Lennon, vice president of Targeting and Surveillance...
- Matt Cutts in PC World
We're not just relying on metadata,Cutts said.
- James Hendler in InternetNews.com
My work is trying to integrate heterogeneous data using appropriate amounts of metadata (define) and doing things with metadata that you can't do with language or specific data,Hendler told InternetNews.com.