menthol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a crystalline compound that has the cool and minty taste and odor that occurs naturally in peppermint oil; used as a flavoring and in medicine to relieve itching, pain, and nasal congestion
- n a lotion containing menthol which gives it the smell of mint
- Liggett Myers now has menthol L Ms in the longer length.
- Between drags of a Seneca menthol cigarette, Andy Coln, a lifelong Democrat who was raised in New York, works in construction in Colorado Springs and volunteered much of this .
- Filters have swelled from i% of the market in 1952 to 50% today, and menthol cigarettes have gone from 3% to 10%.
News & Articles
- White Cloud Electronic Cigarettes Adds Two New Menthol Flavors: Iced Berry And Zero K
White Cloud Electronic Cigarettes, the company with the most electronic cigarette flavors, has announced the addition of two new menthol flavors to their already expansive roster: Iced Berry and Zero K. Menthol triggers cold-sensitive nerves in the skin without providing a drop in temperature and the new flavors were designed to refresh the user
June 14, 2013 - FoodIngredientsOnline
- Howard Koh in USA Today
For decades, the tobacco industry has carefully manipulated menthol content not only to lure youth but also to lock in lifelong adult customers,said Howard Koh, a co-author of the paper.
- Mike DeWine in New York Times
Where the compromise was made as I recall was on menthol,Mr. DeWine said.