memento : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a reminder of past events
- Lions Clubs International is marketing a Kargil war memento: a model of an artillery gun made from the shell casing of an 155-mm howitzer.
- We put together little fiestas for the soul at least once a month, at either someone's monastic studio or cozy, memento-filled apartment.
- Those who can't get close shove mobile phones through the bars in the hope of capturing a grainy memento.
News & Articles
- Video: Eye Opener: President Obama at G8 Summit
President Obama sits down with world leaders as new allegations surface about spying by the United States. Also, a woman who says she was raped by classmates at the U.S. Naval Academy speaks out. Also, did the Russian president steal a memento from an NFL owner? All that, and all that mattered, in today's "Eye Opener."
June 17, 2013 - CBS News
- Sherpa: Between a rocker and a hardball
Music, drink and baseball memento are highlights of seemingly low-key vacation.
June 15, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Joe Torre in USA Today
Just a little memento to put in your living room,Yankees manager Joe Torre said jokingly Friday. "Knowing the size of his house, it probably would fit in the living room."
- Tom Coughlin in ESPN
Having the opportunity to look every player in the eye as they came up and the joy and excitement that they demonstrated as they came forward to receive a memento of a world championship was special,Coughlin said.
- Jeff Gordon in PaddockTalk
I still remember Richard handing out a memento to each driver with our starting position on it during the drivers meeting - and I still have it today,said Gordon. "And it seemed the media and fans were constantly around him that weekend,...