membrane : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thin pliable sheet of material
- n a pliable sheet of tissue that covers or lines or connects the organs or cells of animals or plants
- When a baby is born prematurely, he is especially susceptible to a breathing difficulty that develops into hyaline membrane disease.
- Robb's membrane works best in a tank or stream of running water, where bubbles of oxygen are plentiful to draw on.
- In the 1990s, the company developed an ultrafine membrane filter (pictured above) that is used in all the company's major products.
News & Articles
- Materials for Proton Exchange Membranes and Membrane Electrode Assemblies for PEM Fuel Cells
NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Materials for Proton Exchange Membranes and Membrane Electrode Assemblies ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Molecular 'sieves' harness ultraviolet irradiation for greener power generation
( University of Cambridge ) Latest research uses membrane technology for 'energy efficient' gas separation -- a crucial part of many major industrial processes and important focus for increased sustainability in global energy production.
June 12, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- World Membrane Separation Technologies Market
NEW YORK, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: World Membrane Separation Technologies Market http://www.reportlinker.com/p0701897/World-Membrane-Separation-Technologies-Market.html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Water_distribution_and_treatment ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- George Church in Reuters
One hundred fifty one genes would include enough genes to replicate DNA, produce RNA, produce ribosomes and have a very primitive membrane,Church said.
- Justin Rigali in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
It seems virtually every byproduct of live birth -- amniotic fluid, amniotic membrane, placenta, cord blood, and the tissue of the umbilical cord itself -- contains stem cells that may rival embryonic stem cells in their flexibility,the...
- Kaiser Kuo in AFP
When you examine the structure of usual alpha-helical membrane proteins, they look like a big disk of protein that snakes back and forth through the membrane. But when you look at the voltage-dependent potassium channel, you see the pore embedded... Roderick MacKinnon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roderick_MacKinnon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFUNNUO3LXCxJdFVJkSBEQ-jSGjkg HealthNewsDigest.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Research_270/New_Images_Show_Ion_Channel_in_Its_Natural_Habitat.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHwxRjSv8a6k3Us6fjkCoDAF3BIGQ Nov 16, 2007
62667 83541 meme The Chinese Internet for some reason seems to be a lot more tightly integrated. A meme will start in one corner and will bounce its way up to every corner a whole lot faster in China," Kuo said.