member : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization)
only members will be admitted
a member of the faculty
she was introduced to all the members of his family
- n anything that belongs to a set or class
snakes are members of the class Reptilia
members of the opposite sex
- n an external body part that projects from the body
- n an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations)
the library was a member of the interlibrary loan association
Canada is a member of the United Nations
- n the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
- Lifetime Black Power member Dennis O'Reilly, who has also worked as a senior bureaucrat for the New Zealand government, says the shooting into a gang member's house was highly .
- For years its members have constituted a vast army of volunteer canvassers and fund raisers for Komeito, which until recently had 52 seats in the powerful 511-member Lower House .
- In 1946, members of the group bombed the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 people.
News & Articles
- Gang member to get 3 years for child sex
A Linda gang member pleaded no contest on Wednesday to having sex with a 12-year-old girl. Estevan Jose Lopez, 20, cut a deal with the Yuba County District Attorney's Office to avoid a longer prison sentence, the DA's Office said. Teresa Sydow, deputy Yuba County district attorney, said...
June 13, 2013 - Appeal-Democrat
- Member of Warhol's circle selling NYC apartment
NEW YORK (AP) - A longtime member of Andy Warhol's inner circle is selling her Art Deco Manhattan apartment. Socialite, actress and artist Brigid Berlin has listed the two-bedroom apartment for $1.2 million.
June 12, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Gang member arrested for allegedly pulling gun in Lomita
A local gang member who allegedly pulled a loaded shotgun during a traffic stop and ran into a Lomita neighborhood surrendered a short time later, telling deputies, "You got me," authorities said Tuesday. | POLICE NEWS | BLOG: SOUTH BAY CRIME, COURT NEWS | FACEBOOK
June 12, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- Barack Obama in AFP
The TFTP has "provided critical investigative leads -- more than 1,550 to EU Member States -- since its creation after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks," Obama said.
- Steve Jobs in Wall Street Journal
Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a prepared statement that as "Google enters more of Apple's core businesses...... Eric's effectiveness as an Apple board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger...