melody : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
- n the perception of pleasant arrangements of musical notes
- The lyrics to the song Mamma Mia confess to erotic obsession and serial masochism, but the perky melody puts the pain at an ironic distance.
- With its easy melody and universal rhythm Me Llaman Calle walks proudly in the shadow of Bob Marley, the last guy who made world music this disarmingly simple.
- It's just that Star Wars has become such a cultural given that it almost seems as if the film had been channeled from the pop ether fully formed and perfect, like a melody entering .
News & Articles
- PHOTO: Ribbon-cutting ceremony for Griswold Home Care in Lebanon
Melody Lehman, right, owner and director of Griswold Home Care, holds an oversized scissors as she and office manager Angela Wolfe, left, prepare to cut the ribbon officially opening the business at 200 Schneider Drive in Lebanon on Friday.
June 15, 2013 - Lebanon Daily News
- Meet the team, see the shirts at Fall City Days
Members of the Fall City Days Committee, (pictured belowm from left, Amy Jones, Meghan Brady, Melody Tjossem, Judy Dix and Libby James) show off logo wear for sale as part of Saturday's full festival The committee worked on the design of this year’s t-shirts and hat logo with Joanne Rayl and Raindance Sportswear.
June 14, 2013 - Snoqualmie Valley Record
- 40th Annual Daytime EMMY® Awards Smithsonian Presentation
The National Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences announces that Melody Thomas Scott will pledge the young and the restless wedding gown to the Smithsonian on HLN's June 16th broadcast. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10829979.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lorin Maazel in 940 News
There's no sides - there's no North and South in 'Arirang,' Maazel told The Associated Press after the triumphant performance that brought the orchestra's trip full-circle. "It's a melody for everybody. All these artificially created...
- Shaun Keaveny in Telegraph.co.uk
Keaveny said of Frusciante: "His range, from minimalist melody lines, through choppy Hendrixian chord voicings, all the way up to eleven with wailing metal tinged blues, gives him the edge over many in the list. For that I salute him."
- Brian Wilson in Spinner
Along with Irving Berlin, Gershwin basically invented the popular song, but he did something more,Wilson said in a press release. "He had a gift for melody that nobody has ever equaled, yet his music is timeless and always accessible. This...