mek : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a terrorist organization formed in the 1960s by children of Iranian merchants; sought to counter the Shah of Iran's pro-western policies of modernization and opposition to communism; following a philosophy that mixes Marxism and Islam it now attacks the Islamic fundamentalists who deposed the Shah
- Stage Director Kazimierz Dej-mek has returned from exile and is again in favor; he was disgraced in 1968 for putting on a heavily anti-Russian production of Patriot-Poet Adam .
- It begins: "Once there thar, theah was a young rat ret, rate who couldn't make mek, mack up his mind.
- Said: "Jim, we mout mek it, but we'll bofe be dead.
News & Articles
- New secret Iran nuclear site reported in tunnels under mountain
Special to WorldTribune.com LONDON — The opposition has reported another underground nuclear facility in Iran. The Mujahadeen Khalq, known as MEK, reported a secret Iranian nuclear facility northeast of Teheran. In a statement, Mujahadeen, which disclosed Iran’s nuclear program more than a decade ago, said the latest facility consisted of tunnels beneath a mountain near [...]
July 12, 2013 - World Tribune
- Metals Creek Resources receives TSX.V approval for the sale of its interest in the Iron Horse Project to Golden Dory ...
Toronto, 11 July 2013. Metals Creek Resources (TSX-V MEK) is pleased to announce that the TSX Venture Exchange has approved the proposed transaction between Metals Creek Resources Corp and Golden Dory ...
July 11, 2013 - Accesswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Dallas Mavericks sign guard Gal Mekel
The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed free agent guard Gal Mekel (pronounced GAL MEK-el). Mekel (6-3, 191) spent two seasons at Wichita State University (2006-07, 2007-08) before leaving school early and beginning his professional career in Europe. In his first season overseas, he was named the 2009 All-Israeli League Newcomer of the Year. Last [...]
July 11, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- Chris Paul in The Canadian Press
Mek was good for us. Mek's a hard worker and different things like that,Paul said. "It was our first year together, so there was a lot of stuff that didn't always work out. But that's what this year is for. Now we don't have the excuse...
- Gerald Wallace in USA Today
I told Mek I haven't seen that since his rookie season,Wallace said. "I told him we need him and we need those kind of performances if we're going to be a playoff team."
- Zalmay Khalilzad in KLTV
But former US Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad said, "What we have here is a policy that described the people here from the MEK as a protected group, and one of our coalition partner countries is actually protecting them in the camp where they mostly...