- n a cone-shaped acoustic device held to the mouth to intensify and direct the human voice
- On Thursday morning Jia rose early, grabbed a megaphone and headed for the headquarters of the student organizing committee.
- President Barack Obama assailed critics of his health care initiative Saturday, seeking to grab the megaphone from his opponents and boost momentum.
- Regained (for at least 12 hours) the rhetorical upper hand against an opposition that has no comparable megaphone.
News & Articles
- Stanky Creek bicycle race draws 120 to Bartlett
The atmosphere at Nesbit Park in Bartlett was festive Sunday morning as bells rang and a voice boomed through a megaphone as bicycle riders crossed the finish line.
June 16, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- ‘Idle No More’ Group Rallies In Downtown Juneau
About 30 adults and children called for equality and greater subsistence fishery protection Wednesday morning in the ‘Idle No More’ rally in downtown Juneau. Several wore Native regalia, chanted songs, and danced as people took turns talking over a megaphone. Download Audio
June 13, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Study: Social media reflects society's growing levels of narcissism
Twitter is a loud megaphone for those think the world needs to hear their opinion, while Facebook serves as a mirror, albeit one users can control to polish their image, researchers say
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Bernard Sanders in International Herald Tribune
We have got to put pressure on the mass media not to play the same craven role they played in Iraq, when they effectually collapsed and became a megaphone for Bush's policies,Sanders said. "What Robert is saying here is that the leader of...
- Mitch McConnell in Guardian Unlimited
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said "there is a world of difference between not preventing Ahmadinejad from speaking and handing a megalomaniac a megaphone and a stage to use it."
- John Cusack in Forbes
Film isn't just a megaphone for your opinions,said Cusack. "You're trying to explore something that transcends you a little bit, hopefully."