- n a unit of information equal to 1000 kilobits or 10^6 (1,000,000) bits
- Few capitalistic ventures can rival the return on invest ment of a movie megabit, and National Lampoon's Animal House is, in more ways than one, a gross example.
- That's a buzz kill the Roku folks say it can happen when your broadband speed drops below 1 megabit per second.
- The Roku folks say that can happen when your broadband speed drops below 1 megabit per second.
News & Articles
- Net speeds need to be higher for future TV
Q: When you wrote about "Which TV system for the digital age" last Sunday, I still had questions. You suggested getting an Internet connection with a download speed of 10 to 15 megabits. Do I really need a connection that fast, and where can I get it?
June 16, 2013 - Arizona Daily Star
- Stephen Conroy in The Age
Those figures measure only the take-up of entry-level broadband (256 kbps), which hides Australia's even worse performance in the take-up of multi-megabit broadband caused by the country's antiquated broadband infrastructure,Mr Conroy says.
- Ivan Seidenberg in InternetNews.com
I would argue that the 'telecom industry' as we knew it is history,Seidenberg said. "In its place will be the 'broadband industry' made up of new, super-fast, multi-megabit networks that can deliver video, data and voice in entirely new...