- n a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- n the surrounding environment
fish require an aqueous medium
- n an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
- n (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
- n a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
- n (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
- n an intervening substance through which something is achieved
the dissolving medium is called a solvent
- n a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position
a happy medium
- n someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead
he consulted several mediums
- n (usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
- n an occupation for which you are especially well suited
- s around the middle of a scale of evaluation
- s (meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
- PTI talks to the spirit medium and author of Do Dead People Watch You Shower about communicating with the Other Side.
- The etymology of the word relates to the origins of the medium.
- RCA's general foresaw radio as a mass medium built around a network, then did it again for television, rearranging living rooms everywhere.
- Barack Obama in AFP
The single biggest threat to US security, both short-term, medium-term and long-term, would be the possibility of a terrorist organization obtaining a nuclear weapon,Obama said on the eve of the two-day summit. "This is something that...
- Al Gore in FOXNews
We are trying to open up the television medium so that viewers can help them make television and join the conversation of democracy and reclaim American democracy by talking about the choices we have to make,Gore said as he accepted the award.
- President Bush in Seattle Times
The bill that's before the House of Representatives tomorrow is a bill that has got the best chance of providing liquidity, providing credit, providing money so small businesses and medium-sized businesses can function,Bush said.