- n wholesale packaging of meat for future sale (including slaughtering and processing and distribution to retailers)
- Meatpacking is a hard job at any salary.
- That's the meatpacking plant where 389 workers, including some of his relatives, were arrested during a May immigration raid.
- An immigration raid at an Iowa meatpacking plant has got kosher beef sellers across the country worried about the New Year rush.
News & Articles
- iHookers? ‘Transgender Sex Workers’ May Really Love the Meatpacking Apple Store
Just checking Facebook? (Getty) Apple's latest slogan may have promised "All the power you want, all day long," but we doubt this is what it meant. According to a new column in The Villager , the Apple Store at 14th and 9th is apparently very popular with transgender sex workers, who like to use the facilities for its central Meatpacking location and snazzy facilities. “They come in all dressed ...
June 19, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Synth, Disco Legend Giorgio Moroder on Daft Punk Collaboration, Dance Music
When composer Giorgio Moroder played a live set last month in New York City, it was his very first turn as a DJ. For the 73-year-old Moroder, the hour-long performance at Deep Space in the Meatpacking District may have come a little later in life, but it was just another milestone in a career that [...]
June 19, 2013 - Newsmakers via Yahoo! News
- The CMO Club to Launch Prestigious Awards Program to Recognize the World's Top Marketing Executives
The CMO Club is proud to launch the premier annual awards event for Chief Marketing Officers, The CMO Club Awards, or CMOAs. The awards will be distributed at a celebration in the Meatpacking district ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
We know that enforcement is not enough, that we need to fix our immigration system,Obama said, and he called the existing policy "nothing but scattershot immigration raids at meatpacking plants around the country."
- Gwen Howard in Forbes
While not targeting a specific industry with her bill, Howard said "meatpacking comes to mind" as one.
- Linda Lingle in Honolulu Advertiser
They can have jobs that Americans are not going to do at those prices, whether it's picking apples in Washington, plucking chickens someplace in the South or working in meatpacking plants -- all these things that are essential to our economy,...