meatless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a lacking meat
- The meatless lifestyle never really caught on in the West, although it would sometimes pop up during health crazes and religious revivals.
- Top restaurants have added more meatless dishes.
- The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, for example, recently spearheaded a "meatless Mondays" campaign in which it and 28 other public health schools .
News & Articles
- Steak and #8217;n and #8217; potatoes make Friday classic
Monday: Meatless meal
June 16, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Meatless Mondays improve health, future
As a member of the San Diego Unified school board, I’m proud to have helped pass the resolution to participate in Meatless Mondays at our elementary and K-8 schools. When I joined the board, it was because I wanted to do to everything I can to ensure a better future and more opportunities for our city’s children. Food and nutrition plays a big, but often overlooked, role in education and it’s ...
June 15, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- City of Vancouver proclaims country’s first Meatless Monday
Vancouver has become the first city in Canada to embrace "Meatless Monday," encouraging residents to forego meat for one day a week for the sake of the planet and their health.
June 13, 2013 - Great News Network
- Paul McCartney in Newsday
Linda not only led our family into eating healthy,Paul McCartney writes on his late wife's Web site, "she wanted everyone to benefit from her knowledge ...... and to enjoy meatless meals."
- Antonio Villaraigosa in Los Angeles Times
I'm also eating healthier and eating less, including meatless Mondays,Villaraigosa said.
- Wendy Alexander in Sunday Herald
There is something about the Scottish tradition,says Alexander, "which is about how you give witness in life. Not evangelism, but witness in life against the backdrop of faith. And so that did mean we used to have meatless meals every...