- s hesitant to state facts or opinions simply and directly as from e.g. timidity or hypocrisy
- How much longer can Beijingers put up with these kind of mealy-mouthed bureaucratic excuses? Maybe, like everything else in this city, we should look to the Olympics for salvation.
- The chance of a mealy-mouthed radical is less.
- I actually asked Hank Paulson in early December why Treasury hadn't done this, although I did in far more mealy-mouthed language than Ehrenberg.
News & Articles
- Mosquitoes: Looking for you 24 hours a day
Fingernails clawing their way down a chalkboard. Being stuck on a long flight with a screaming baby. Listening to a politician telling you why you should vote for them and not their mealy-mouthed opponent.
Aug. 2, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Don Ferguson in Toronto Star
Politicians are so mealy-mouthed, they would never admit if we'd angered them,Ferguson said. "We can be occasionally nasty but we're not mean-minded. We've never been sued or anything; it's not our style. We wanted our stuff to sting a...
- David Moffett in Independent
Former WRU chief executive Moffett said: "After two days of calling on Roger Lewis to get round a table so we can strike a solution to this issue, to now just get a mealy-mouthed statement from the WRU press office is a disgrace, and it has taken an...
- John Edwards in New York Times
I've been fighting these people all my entire life,said Mr. Edwards, holding forth at Cronk's Restaurant in Denison. "I fought them in the courtroom, and I've beat them and beat them. We've got to stop being mealy-mouthed and careful....