- n a cgs unit of magnetic flux equal to the flux perpendicular to an area of 1 square centimeter in a magnetic field of 1 gauss
- n Scottish physicist whose equations unified electricity and magnetism and who recognized the electromagnetic nature of light (1831-1879)
News & Articles
- Maxwell makes return to Astros in right field
Outfielder Justin Maxwell made his return to the Astros Tuesday night, but he's got a new home after missing eight weeks with a fractured left hand.
June 19, 2013 - Houston Astros
- Astros report: Maxwell comes back to a different outfield
When Justin Maxwell left the Astros, the fifth-year veteran was still considered the starting center fielder. Tuesday, the job belonged to rookie Brandon Barnes. While Maxwell shifted to right field, he was almost as excited about pairing up with his close friend in the outfield as he was about returning to action for the first time since April 23. “My injury was unfortunate, but he got to ...
June 19, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Justin Maxwell set to rejoin Astros; Jimmy Paredes optioned back to Oklahoma City
Justin Maxwell will rejoin the Astros and start Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, Astros manager Bo Porter said Monday after his club’s 4-2 loss to the Chicago White Sox. Maxwell, 29, was 4-for-18 during an injury rehab stint with Class AAA Oklahoma City. The Astros’ opening-day starting center fielder hit just .128 (5-for-39) overall during 11 combined games with AA Corpus Christi and the ...
June 18, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Eric McCormack in CTV.ca
My dreams were always scattered,says McCormack, who will head to Toronto in the fall to accept a star on Canada's Walk of Fame. "I wanted to be Maxwell Smart and I wanted to be on the Stratford stage and I wanted it all. Eventually I...